Thursday, October 4, 2007

Desperate Times

I'm watching the end of Grey's Anatomy and one of the story lines this evening had to do with a young couple who got burned in a home meth lab explosion. One doctor said to another character, "You know you don't have to be a horrible person to do horrible things."
Funny.........I had just had a similar discussion not 15 minutes earlier with a former co-worker.
Her daughter got busted for shop lifting. Turns out she had gotten hooked up with a group of people who use illegal drugs and her "habit" took her down a bad path. I told my friend, "You know - people do desperate things during desperate times when they're despairing. It doesn't mean they're bad. They've just done a bad thing. But tomorrow is another day. And we get to start over again. We get another chance to do things right. That's all." I believe that.

No comments: