Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Whatta Wednesday!

Wow! What a Wednesday! Thank God it's "hump day." Tomorrow can only be a little kinder and gentler. My phone rang off the hook starting this morning at 7:52 am. That's REALLY too early. I knew it was a sign of what the day would bring though...and indeed it was. All day long was about running from one crisis to the next....helping one person after another. I seriously don't take my wellness for granted. I'm fortunate to be of sound mind and body these days. And it's on days like to today that my past informs my present. I'm able to listen to people and hear their horror stories and/or contemplations of life and death and not freak out. I don't claim to know what it's like to walk in anybody else's shoes nor do I try to, but my own life journey has been quite rugged at times. I suppose I would compare it to climbing Hogpen Gap from the Southern terminus on the Appalachian Trail. (Holy Crap!)
Well, thank goodness it will be Thursday in just a few hours and this day will be one for the history books, the wall calendar and torn from my day-timer. I'm alive and glad to still be here and I know of 2 other people who are still with us this evening because we crossed paths today.

No comments: